BHUTAN KOREA FRIENDSHIP OFFER
Korea and Bhutan celebrates 30 years of diplomatic relations
2017 is a special moment in the history of relations between the Kingdom of Bhutan and the Republic of Korea as it marks three decades of diplomatic relations, which began on 24th September 1987.
To commemorate this happy occasion, the Royal Government of Bhutan presents the "Bhutan - Korea Friendship Offer" to welcome all Korean nationals to visit Bhutan in 2017, with special travel relaxation in June, July & August. So the Royal Government of Bhutan will not levy the mandatory minimum daily package rate of US$ 200 per person per night to South Korean nationals. Instead only daily Royalty (Government levy) of US$ 65 will be levied. Other charges will be as per the quotes from service providers.
What is the 'Bhutan - Korea Friendship Offer'?
It is a one-time special offer that allows all Korean nationals to visit Bhutan in June, July and August of 2017 with the following offers and options:
- Visitors may choose not to pay all-inclusive mandatory minimum daily package rate of US$ 200 per person per night. Instead, they will pay only government royalty of US$ 65 per person per night. Other charges will be as per the quotes from services providers in Bhutan.
- Visitors can avail 30% discount fare on Drukair & Bhutan Airlines.
- Visitors can avail up to 50 % discounts in Hotels.
- Visitors have flexibility / choice of services.
- Visitors do not have to pay surcharge of US$40 per person per night and US$ 30 each for two persons per night.
- Special airport reception on arrival of the 1st Group by His Excellency the Ambassador of Korea to Bhutan and officials from the Royal Government of Bhutan.
Terms and conditions:
- The offer is valid from 1st June 2017 - 31st August 2017.
- The offer is for nationals of the Republic of Korea.
- Visitors should book their trip through a licensed Bhutanese tour operator.
Some highlight events in June, July and August 2017
Following are some of the events in June, July and August.
The Royal Bhutan Flower Exhibition [4 - 8 June 2017]
Location: Ugyen Pelri Palace, Paro
The Royal Bhutan Flower Exhibition was instituted to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Her Majesty the Queen first held in April 2015. It was initiated by His Majesty the King to promote floriculture and tap the talents of Bhutanese people in creating beautiful landscape and for the people to witness it with their families.
Haa Summer Festival [5 - 6 July 2017]
Location: Haa is a district near Paro & Thimphu.
The Haa summer festival is a lively and uplifting celebration of traditional / nomadic yak herders lifestyles displayed through unique Bhutanese cuisine, traditional sports and religious provides insight into the lives and traditions of Bhutan's nomadic herders.
Visitors can experience home stays and enjoy the hospitality of the local people of Haa Valley.
Matsutake Mushroom Festival [15 - 16 August 2017] Location: Genekha, Thimphu
During the festival, the native mushroom and other local products, cultural programs by the school & local community will be showcased. The objective of the festival is to create awareness on the sustainable harvesting of the local mushroom and enjoy the organic natural flavors of our nature.
For more information please contact us at +975 2 365474 / 17111120 or write to us at email@example.com.